Fav SF Soups
Okay, for SF, it’s getting cold! I know it doesn’t even compare to dropping temperatures elsewhere, but it is enough to get me in a soup mood, and often. Here, in no particular order, are five of my very favorite soups here in the city:
1) The Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup at Little Chihuahua
2) Any soup Bar Jules makes- they are different often, depending on what is available and in season. Today’s is potato and rapine soup with horseradish creme fraiche. mmmmmmmmm…
3) The Po Tak ( a spicy and sour soup with seafood, lemongrass, basil, straw mushroom, fresh chili, red and green onion and galanga that my boyfriend and I refer to as “The Miracle Soup” because one sip seems to stop any oncoming cold) at Thai House Express
4) Nopolito‘s Caldo Tlalpeño
5) The Chicken Pho at OTD. And I’m not quite sure if it counts as soup, but I can’t pass up their Chicken Porridge, either!
What’s your favorite SF soup spot? Do you have a favorite recipe you make at home? Please share, I can’t get enough of this stuff!! xo, co